Three Men and a Lady!

Thursday, June 16, 2011

I am a runner???

So I walked a half marathon.... now what goals do I set for myself?  I could do a full one I suppose, or raise money and participate in the Susan B. Komen walk (http://www.the3day.org/) .  Frankly, I don't have the time to train to walk 26.2 miles and I am TERRIBLE about asking people for donations (especially over $2000 worth). 


So my next goal....running.  Yup, that gross thing I GREATLY disliked in school.  Mile time came and I dreaded the day.   I run only to get away from scary dogs or to catch a stray child approaching danger.  I am out of breath in the end and wanna puke.

Why do you ask, would I want to run then?

Well, I figure I can walk a mile in less then 16 minutes so why not knock it up a notch and jog a little.  You see, I am in better shape now then I have been in a few years and I am feeling physically capable of this challenge.

I researched running programs and came across "From the Couch to a 5K"  method (http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml) and started it about 2 1/2 weeks ago.  Today I ran a mile....without stopping...or puking, but definitely panting. 

New goal .....run a 5K.  Yup, come September I will lace up my shoes again and run.  I won't break any records (or bones I hope) and I will cross another finish line.  Rest assured I will run. 

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing. So proud of you. I think I need to check out that "From the Couch to a 5K". I need some motivation!

    ReplyDelete