Three Men and a Lady!

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Snips and Snails and .....WAR WOUNDS??!!!

Being the mother of boys I should probably take a course in first aid. My medicine cabinet should be stocked with Band-aids, Tylenol, and MelaGel. My freezer should house plenty of ice packs and my wallet should hold insurance cards. I should expect bumps, bruises, and the occasional blood. Boys will be boys after all. I cannot wrap my boys in bubble wrap and duct tape it wouldn't be "cool" and would make riding in a carseat impossible. Even though I wish I could I cannot always protect them.


Last night we went to Dom (Paul's older brother) and Sarah's house for dinner. Owen got to spend the evening playing with his cousins Griffin and Greta. He had a blast, since they are much more interactive than his 9-month-old brother. They watched a movie, threw around a ball and wrestled. Judging by the condition of Owen's face it was apparent it was in the carpet most of the time. He had a cut on his chin and red spots all around his left eye.








Paul and I made a trip to Sears this afternoon in search of clothes cleaning appliances. Although we love our boys dearly, we didn't think they (or us) would enjoy such a trip so we left them with our sister-in-law Sarah. We were gone an hour or so to return to a content baby, sleeping in his Godmother's arms and a 5-year-old with more cuts, more carpet burns and a huge smile on his face. Griffin was teaching Owen more wrestling moves and he had endured more facial abnormalities. He was so proud of his "war wounds" and the fact he had tried to pin his 9-year-old cousin.

I had to sigh and laugh. It was then and there I foresaw the future! It had became clear to me that 5 years from now this will be Owen and Easton. Maybe I should check into a softer carpeting for the living room floor. Sigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment