Three Men and a Lady!

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Exploring, Trading and Teething!

I have a new favorite grocery store. Unfortunately, it is way too far away from my front step to frequent often. Trader Joe’ s, in St. Paul has some of the coolest, yummiest, junk-free food you can find. Their pizza was awesome (and nitrate free!), there organic apple juice rocked and I found almond milk for 1/2 the price I pay in Owatonna! I was floored on the prices. I try my hardest to purchase organic fruits and veggies, hormone-free meat and minimally processed/preservative-free food. The bad part, these always come with a hefty price tag. I was thrilled to walk out of Trader Joe's with 6 full bags and a receipt of $70! I wonder if the city of Owatonna would consider adding such a grocery store to our community!
The Science Museum of Minnesota

We spent our Tuesday exploring the science museum. Touching dinosaur bones, looking at our eyeballs and learning how electricity works were just a few things we experienced with the White family. The parking fee was WAY TO HIGH ($9 for 4 hours) so I am glad I packed a lunch to save us a little money. Owen had a great time guiding McKenzie (age 2) all over the museum while the little boys (Easton and Mitchell) tried to eat the plastic dinos. The mommas (Becky and I "friends since Jr. High school") got to catch up and have a little adult conversation. I wish we lived a little closer so we could do it more often.

Easton is getting 5 teeth. His lower central incisor came in at the beginning of January and since then we have deemed him “Easton, the one tooth wonder"! The little man got a little cranky at the beginning of the week. His sleep pattern changed, he began drooling like crazy and his diapers were not "normal". All signs pointed to another tooth. It was at that moment I noticed the other lower incisor was pushing its white little self threw. Later in the week, while crying, I caught a glimpse of a top lateral incisor, no both lateral incisors, no both lateral incisors and both top central incisors too. 5 teeth are making their way into my baby's sore little mouth. Thank goodness we stocked up on Hyland's Natural Teething Tablets. A huge thank-you goes out to my boss and his discovery of these magic little pills.

It is a gorgeous day here in Minnesota. After working this morning (ugg) I ran to Medford to get a shower gift, played soccer in the back yard, weeded the garden (can you believe there are weeds already??), dug up worms, and tried to clean up the house. We are winding down the day now. Baths were given early and there is a huge ring of dirt around the tub. The boys are having a snack and watching a “Veggie Tales” movie. Everyone is worn out from the day, a good one indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment