Three Men and a Lady!

Friday, September 3, 2010

It's movie night......

Have you heard of the Christian Radio Broadcast and DVD collection called, Life at The Pond?

Here is a little information from the creator, Charlie Richards:

When I first decided to hang up my short-lived television writing career to do a children's program, a friend in the business asked "but you'll keep writing other scripts, right?"



"Of course," I said, instinctively. But, in reality, I hadn't thought that through. In truth, my television career had barely started. I spent years working to get there, and finally had a break.


As happens in this industry, breaks are often followed by a quick fall. The show was cancelled.


But shortly after we got notice, my agent got a call. Disney wanted me to pitch show ideas for kids. I'm not sure why. I was hesitant to go. After all, I was a sitcom writer. Didn’t God know that?


So I worked out some ideas and gave it a shot.

They rejected everything I pitched. I developed more. They rejected them all.


Two things I discovered the networks weren't interested in: Morals, and you. They didn’t care what parents thought. To me, that seemed simply nuts.


In the process, God gave me a burden for children’s entertainment. The Pond was born from that.

I want The Pond to be a trusted friend of parents and kids alike. Something that teaches a Biblical lesson and reinforces good parenting.


Tonight we watched the movie, "The Alligator Hunter".  It was a sweet movie that teaches us about loving our enemies and the importance of listening to our parents. 

You can find more of these Christian dvd's, music and listen to the radio broadcast at: http://www.lifeatthepond.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment