Three Men and a Lady!

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Coughing, Christ and Catching up!

All is quiet in the Korbel household minus the occasional barking cough that is coming from the boys room.  Poor little guys have icky colds, complete with runny noses, coughing fits and the crabbies.  It's tough to see your little ones sick.  Please pray this passes quickly and a restful nights sleep with help them to heal. 

I too am recovering from the ickies.  Most of my weekend was spent on the couch watching movies and snuggling (probably why the boys are suffering now).  The body aches and overall yuckies hit me and I was down for the count.  Not easy when you have children to watch over, laundry to be put away and mouths to feed.  Thank goodness for an awesome husband who steps up to the plate whenever I need him.  I sure am blessed.  Paul put on the "momma hat" and successfully managed the household between football plays.

Today, my day off, was spent "catching up". I got the most of my chores accomplished and managed to make and freeze 4 meals (thanks to the wonderful suggestions from my Facebook friends).  I am looking forward to a week of not having to wonder "What should I make for supper tonight?" 

The next week will be consumed with Christmas Concerts, Sunday School Pageants, and cookie baking.  'Tis the season.  I really do love this time of the year and I am striving to keep it simple and really enjoy the reason why we celebrate Christmas.

Lastly, we currently have a MIA Christ-Child.  It appears he and his manger have not been seen since Saturday.  I found a leg of the manger under the couch this morning but Jesus remains unaccounted for.  Wonder when and where he will show up?  Then again he always shows up when you need him most doesn't he?

No comments:

Post a Comment