Three Men and a Lady!

Thursday, January 13, 2011

When mommy is on the "injured list"!

As a mom I find my resume to posses a great deal of qualifications.  Those of you out there who have been blessed with little ones know what I mean.  In addition to being called mommies and wives we are: cooks, maids, rule enforcers, presidents, nurses, artists, beauticians, leaders and menders.  We prepare meals, clean-up toys, stop sibling rivalries, make rules, kiss boo-boos, paint with our fingers, comb hair and well....the list goes on.  So what happens when mommy gets hurt? 

This.......


Unwashed dishes, toys on the floor, frozen dinners and fighting children.  I am embarrassed to admit I haven't vacuumed, dusted or put a roll of toilet paper on the holder for almost two weeks. 

The stomach flu was shared amongst our small Klan New Years weekend,  my back decided to go on vacation last weekend and the flu again made an appearance in our cozy little house as of last Friday. 

Today I can truly state progress has been made, as I could reach down and pick up the towels off the bathroom floor.  It's the little things I tell you.

Paul lays fast asleep on the couch and Easton is snuggled up in his crib and they are the latest victims of the crud.  It smells like Lysol in here and I find myself spraying everything and everyone with it.  The window is cracked open to let some fresh air in, resulting in the constant running of the furnace.  I don't care what my fuel costs this week ....well maybe I do, but I really want my family healthy again. 

My stomach is making some unusual nosies as I type and I am praying it is because of the increased Ibuprofen in my diet the last few days.  I honestly don't think I have the time or patience to feel ill.  My schedule can just not accommodate it.

Wonder if there is a "second string" I could call in to do my job!!???

No comments:

Post a Comment