Three Men and a Lady!

Monday, January 10, 2011

The Women Behind This Momma!


Michelle- The "Work" Friend. 
Michelle is sweet and kind and I truly missed her when she moved to Wisconsin two years ago.  Lucky for me, and our office, her "husband to be" was transferred back to Owatonna and she resumed her position in our office and lives.  She is simply the best lunch date and "pew" buddy at church.  She has this ability to make me laugh like no one else and remains one of the most unselfish, giving people I know.

Becky- The "High School" Friend. 
Becky and I have know each other since Jr. High  (15 years = half our lives). We share wonderful memories of growing up, broken hearts, joys, sadness, and adventures.  We both experienced our second pregnancies together and gave birth to baby boys just weeks apart.  She stood up as my maid of honor and continues to stand by me in life.  She is compassionate, strong and has an inner beauty as goreous as her outer.

Mom- The "Life-long" friend. 
My mom is a beautiful woman and quite possibly the best mother and grandmother in the world.  She has wiped my tears, shared in my successes, picked me up when I have fallen and celebrated my happiness. She is organized, loving and patient.  As I have grown into a woman and became a wife and mother I often find myself turning to her for advice and guidance. She has taught me so many things and for that I am grateful and simply blessed.



  Amy- The "Newest" Friend.
 I have know Amy for a few years through a past employee, but we didn't really connect until most recently.  From the time she announced she was pregnant with twin boys, I felt this incredible push from God.  It was as if he was telling me we needed each other.  Little did I know he was carefully crafting what I believe will be a life-long friendship.  Her thankfulness and grace is encouraging.  She is an amazing mom and a supportive friend.  She is strong in faith and big in heart. 


I am thankful God blessed me and put these beautiful women in my life. 



"A true friend reaches for your hand and touches your heart". ~Attributed to Heather Pryor

And my heart has been touched indeed!

1 comment:

  1. LISA! Now this is just crazy...I haven't had much time to check your blog lately. But I just went here and saw this post about friends. What are the odds I'd check it on the day you made a post that mentioned me? Must be that special bond we know we have! AMAZING. I am so touched by your words. Please know the feeling is more than mutual. And life-long is right! I'm so thankful for our new friendship, and for you, my kindred spirit!

    ReplyDelete