Three Men and a Lady!

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Fall...ing Behind

It is hard to believe the warm season has graciously left us and fall is in the air.  Our summer was a multitude of things: hot, cold, busy, too short and memorable.  We tried our best to cram everything possible in the great-outdoors.  We took a family vacation to the north shore, bought bicycles, camped, fished, geocached, and hiked.  I did my best to keep up with my walking, but an angry low back and a shoulder injury set me back a little bit.  Thankfully I am recovering and hoping this autumn offers a few "walk worthy" days.

Owen started first grade a few short weeks ago and our evenings have been filled with this new concept they call homework.  This is not a joyful time in the Korbel household, as he becomes EXTREMELY frustrated with reading.  I try to remind him, like with anything new, this will take time to master.  This is difficult for him, as he has always seemed to excel in his "firsts".   We as parents practice patience and let me tell you this is sometimes challenging .  Prayers this becomes "easier"  with time.  Reading can be such a wonderful, life long, hobby.

Easton remains the MESSIEST child alive.  He continues to leave his "Easton Tracks"  where ever he goes.  This generally means snot wipes on the couch,  food stains on his shirt and potty on the floor.  Bless his dirty little self.  He is talking up a storm and asking questions.  Oh boy! 

Paul started a new job here in town at Viracon.  We are so blessed he LOVES his job.  There is so much to be thankful for, especially benefits!

I had a first this week.  I shot a wedding.  Shot, being in the photography sense that is.  After over 10 hours of prime photo opts I captured 1300 images of this beautiful couples day.  I have started to edit the photos now.  I celebrate with each moment I caught.  It is those simple moments that continue to mold my passion for this art.

Here is a glimpse of the day....the rest will have to await the brides approval.

No comments:

Post a Comment