Three Men and a Lady!

Thursday, October 6, 2011

My husband...the Paperboy

Long before our family and the rest of the world wake up, my husband is busy working.  He fold, bags and delivers the newspaper.  The mornings are quiet.  They can be dark, cold, snow-covered or rainy.  His walk is a strategic one. It is quick paced and carefully planned. Almost calculated as not to be late for his "main job".



The sun peeks up over the horizon as he pulls his Grand Prix back in our currently leaf covered driveway.  He doesn't complain, but he yawns more often and sometimes falls asleep at bedtime prayers. 

My husband amazes me.  He is determined, dedicated and willing.  He takes pride in everything and every job he does.   Most of us would be disgusted with a 3:30am wake-up call.  He may hit the snooze a few times, but he doesn't hesitate to climb out of our warm bed and begin his day. 


Why does he do it?  Well years ago it was to help us financially.  He stepped up so I could spend more time with our children.  Today, it is to help us stay ahead.  I am thankful.  He sacrifices his time each and everyday to give us time.  He does this all and he still makes his family a priority.

I am so proud, blessed and honored to call him my husband.  He leads by example and is teaching our sons what a "real man' is. 

His hands are callused from years of working as a mechanic, gray hair is peeking threw his facial hair, his brown eyes sometimes show pure exhaustion, his shoulders are broad and open to lean on .  But when you meet him you also can clearly see he wears his heart on his sleeve.  It is big and loving and full of grace. 

If our sons take away just a fraction of Paul's goodness, they will be forever blessed.  I know I am.  I am blessed to be married to the paper boy.

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Beautiful post. Your paperboy is pretty special. But he'd have to be to deserve you in return. :) You two are awesome together!

    ReplyDelete