Three Men and a Lady!

Monday, February 18, 2013

Blessed in a land of BOYS!

As a female, and the product of a "only girls" family, I continue to marvel at the "roughness" of boys.  Honestly, my floors should be covered with wrestling mats, my furniture made of foam and my walls padded.  It is pointless to count the amount of times, per day, I say "stop wrestling", "be gentle" or "BOYS"!

I have to admit, we had a hand in creating these creatures.  We did encourage Owen to participate in wrestling.  However, I have to believe that the nature of testosterone plays a strong role in this behavior.  How did my mother-in-law survive 4 boys......how did her house survive???? 

Truth be told, in this house toys break often, legs are covered in bruises, and we all have calluses on our feet from stepping on Lego's.  My boys make BIG messes, talk in BIG voices, and love BIG bodily functions.  But, they also give BIG hugs, love with BIG hearts, and laugh with BIG smiles. 

Being the only female in the land of superheroes, fantasy football and wrestling trophies is full of adventure.  I learn something new every day and I shake my head in bewilderment often.  But, being the only female also comes with a degree of royalty.  3 men tell me they love me daily, 3 men give me hugs and kisses, 3 men tell me I look nice, 3 men like MOST of my cooking, 3 men snuggle with me at bedtime, and 3 men protect me from bugs, dogs, and other icky stuff. 

So my life may never be full of barbies, wedding dress shopping or tea parties, but it will be full of blessings.  Dirt-on-the-face, sticky-fingered, sportswear -covered, mommy protecting BLESSINGS.
Our Wrestling Man

No comments:

Post a Comment