Three Men and a Lady!

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Simply Beautiful Moments

It's Tuesday again. My favorite day of the week and today is beautiful.

It was a short night in the Korbel household.  An almost ten-month-old with an icky cough and a runny nose had the house awake and moving at 5:15am. I sat in the living room and tried my hardest to rock him back to sleep with no success. Owen repeatedly asked me if he could "just turn on the TV or play quietly with his semi truck". I told him (about 4 times) to just rest on the couch for a bit longer. "You can get up when the sun is out", I said.


The tiniest glimmer of light penetrated threw the covered window and morning began in our lives. Owen proceeded to run around the room opening every blind.  He paused when he got to the window facing west and gasped, "Mom", it looks beautiful outside this morning." I stood to look for myself. Beyond the unkempt vacant house next door, beyond the dirty stained snow, beyond the naked trees the sun was rising. "The sky is pink", he exclaimed! Indeed it was! Pink, yellow and orange colors painted the sky. I watched Owen as he paused at the window again; he smiled then picked up his toys and walked away.


I thought to myself how wonderful it is to see beauty in the simple things, beauty amongst the broken and beauty in God's creation.


I have had many beautiful moments in my life. From childhood to adulthood such beauty has been found. At the top of my list I would include the marriage to my husband, the birth of my children and family vacations we took growing up. These beautiful moments were captured with photos and their memories will remain forever in my heart.


While these things were significant blessings and historical events in my life I find simple beauty is encountered on a daily basis.

Here just of few moments of simple beauty I have witnessed:


Beauty captured in the simple act of sitting and talking a while.




Beauty found while putting your feet in the sand.





Beauty in the love already felt for someone you haven't even met.





Beauty in looking at the world threw the eyes of a child.




Beauty found behind a messy face and a runny nose.



Beauty in a mommy sandwich.




Beauty in playing in the mud after God has nourished the earth with rain!





Beauty in a simple moment shared between generations.




Take a moment, open the blinds and let the beauty of this moment shine brightly threw your window and warm your heart!  

Today is simply beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment