Three Men and a Lady!

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Faith and the FLU

Is happy to report after a horrible week we are all smiling tonight.

Influenza A took up residence in the body of my 6-year-old son this week.  I cannot express how awful this was.  He had an extremely high fever (104 degrees), hardly spoke and spent an entire day on the couch moaning. 

I have to admit this was probably one of the most scary experiences I have had as a mother.  I tried my best to tend to his every need.  He was so mad at me though.  He cried when I made him drink water and when I placed him in a cool bath.  He probably thought I was the worst mommy ever. 

I prayed.  I prayed for his fever to stop, for the Tamiflu to start working and for rest for us all.

By Thursday his eyes were twinkling again. 

By Friday he was bouncing off the walls (a call to the doctor confirmed increased hyperactivity is a side effect in 1% of children who use this medication, we collectively decided to discontinue it at this time)

It was a long week for sure. 

Praise God we have faith!!

1 comment:

  1. You are such a wonderful mommy! It's hard to see kiddos so sick, when it seems you can't do anything to make it stop. But God was always holding him close. So glad things are looking up again!

    ReplyDelete