Three Men and a Lady!

Sunday, March 27, 2011

My To-Do List

After reading a old friend's blog I decided I too need a to-do list.
I figure posting it on my blog will help, as you all can hold me accountable. 

1. Walk a half marathon with my mom- Since Feb 5th I have put more than 100 miles on my walking shoes.  I cannot wait until May 21st when I tie them up and walk 13.1 miles.  It has been a journey, let me tell you.  I never thought a little walk could change my attitude on a healthy lifestyle, but it has.  I also am enjoying all the mother/daughter time I have shared with my mom as we have been training.

2. Lose 40 pounds by June 25th (when we leave for vacation)- I am proud to say since I began training in February I have dropped 14 pounds.  Not only am I enjoying the feeling from working out, but I like the results too. 
3. Daily devotions- Paul and I have made a commitment to do a daily devotional together.  We are utilizing the 365 days of devotions by the authors of the Love Dare.  This is all new to us and even though we go to church, teach Sunday school, pray with our kids and speak daily about God we have never had the intimacy of praying and learning together.  I admit the first night was a little awkward, but it was pretty awesome to have my best friend and life partner to take this challenge together.  We look forward to enriching our marriage, faith and our relationship with Christ. 

4. Save more and work less-  It is my hope (and my daily prayer) that by summer I will be working less and spending more time with my precious sons.  Saving money and spending less is becoming more habitual for us and we continue to learn how to be more frugal daily. 

5. Organize- My back store room could use an overhauling.  We desperately need to organize and label the boys things.  Not quite ready to part with anything yet, as we are not sure our family is complete yet.  Time to break out the label maker (one of my favorite electronics).


Cannot wait to check these off of my TO-DO list!

1 comment:

  1. Those are some great goals. I will say that daily devotionals are an area that Hans and I struggle with. We will start and do well for awhile, but after a few nights of him working late or busy schedules, it seems to fall by the wayside. Congrats for taking on the challenge! It will be so worth it... Let us know if you like the book you are using!

    ReplyDelete